My mother passed this information on to me from an unknown author ” Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.— Unknown” I used to think that seemed easy enough guarding your thoughts but it is hard to watch your thoughts these days. In Age of Pisces we are constantly bombarded with all kinds of false and dangerous messages, images, attitutdes, etc. from media and society that rob us of our true natural selves. These images help foster a sense of hopelessness, despair, confusion, and defeatism and we know the Devil is a Liar. Here are some daily affimations I have come across on the Internet.
You can go to Dr. Harry Henshaw @ http://www.enhancedhealing.com/ or www.youtbue.com (Search for Dr. Harry Henshaw) and you’ll be given access to all types of affirmations you can begin on prosperity, health, insomnia, stress management, etc. These you can listen to while you drive to work, cook, relax while taking a long bath or to do as a family as a morning or nightly routine.
The Only 100 affirmations You’ll Ever Need- http://www.prolificliving.com/100-positive-affirmations/
Get together with your family, gurls, homies, whomever and create posters, paintings or post its to stick around the house to keep these affirmations fresh in your mind. This is a great activity for tweens. Have your tween create a painting about their favorite affirmation and have them place it around their room. Its never to early to create this habit for positive thinking.
When you feel lonely and sad:
1. I feel the love of those who are not physically around me. 2. I take pleasure in my own solitude. 3. I am too big a gift to this world to feel self-pity and sadness. 4. I love and approve of myself.
When you feel terrified (without your safety being in danger):
5. I focus on breathing and grounding myself. 6. Following my intuition and my heart keeps me safe and sound. 7. I am making the right choices every time. 8. I am drawing from my inner strength and inner light. 9. I trust myself.
When you feel insignificant:
10. I am a unique child of this world. 11. I have every bit as much brightness to offer the world as the next person. 12. I matter and what I have to offer this world also matters. 13. I may be one in 7 billion but I am also one in 7 billion!
When you are nervous:
14. I trust my inner light and intuition to guide me. 15. Nervousness surrounding what I want to do is a good sign. 16. I know the situation will work out for my highest good. 17. Wonderful thing unfold before me.
When you are angry:
18. I forgive myself for whatever mistakes I have made. 19. I let go of my anger so I can see clearly. 20. I accept responsibility if my anger has hurt anyone. 21. I replace my anger with understanding and compassion. 22. I offer a sincere apology to those affected by my anger.
When you feel hopeless and at the end of your rope:
23. I may not understand the good in this situation yet but it is there. 24. I can muster up a little more hope and courage from deep inside me. 25. I choose to find hopeful and optimistic ways to look at this. 26. I kindly ask for help and guidance if I cannot see a better way. 27. I refuse to give up because I haven’t tried all possible ways.
When you feel conflicted about a decision:
28. I know my inner self will guide me to the right decision. 29. I trust myself to make the best and smartest decision for me. 30. I receive all feedback about a decision with love but make the final call myself. 31. I listen with love to this inner conflict and reflect on it until I get to peace around it. 32. I love my family even if they do not understand me completely. 33. I show my family how much I love them in all the verbal and non-verbal ways I can. 34. There is a good reason I was paired with this perfect family. 35. I choose to see my family as a gift. 36. I grow into a better person from the hardship that I feel with my family.
When you are among friends:
37. I choose friends who approve of me and love me. 38. I surround myself with friends who treat me well. 39. I take the time to show my friends that I care about them. 40. My friends do not judge me, nor do they influence what I do with my life. 41. I take great pleasure in my friends, even if we disagree or live different lives.
When you are around strangers:
42. I am beautiful and smart and that’s how everyone sees me. 43. I take comfort in the fact that I can always leave this situation. 44. I never know what amazing incredible person I will meet next. 45. The company of strangers teaches me more about what I like and what I don’t like.
When you are at work:
46. I am doing work that I enjoy and find fulfilling. 47. I know that I have a choice in the work that I do in this world. 48. I do not settle for meaningless, boring, and frustrating work. 49. I engage in work that impacts this world in a positive way. 50. I believe in my ability to change the world on a small scale with the work that I do.
When you can’t sleep:
51. I know that peaceful sleep awaits me in dreamland. 52. I let go of all the lies I tell myself. 53. I let go of my thoughts until the morning. 54. I embrace the peace and quiet of the night. 55. I sleep soundly and deeply and beautifully into this night.
When you don’t want to face the day:
56. What if this day were to bring me a great joy? 57. I bet today will be a day to remember. Let us go and greet it. 58. My thoughts are my reality and I am thinking of a bright new day. 59. I fill this day with hope and face it with joy. 60. The day will come and go, whether I participate or not. Let us participate.
When you worry about your future:
61. I let go of my fears, worries that drain my energy for no good return. 62. I make smart, calculated plans for my future. 63. I enlist the help of experts as needed in my financial planning. 64. I refuse to fall victim in a state of panic by preparing for my future. 65. I trust in my own ability to provide well for my own future.
When you can’t get your loved ones to support your dreams:
66. I follow my dreams no matter what. 67. I show compassion in helping my loved ones understand my dreams. 68. I ask my loved ones to support my dreams. 69. I answer questions about my dreams without getting defensive. 70. I know that my loved ones love me without fully grappling with my dreams. 71. I accept them as they are and continue on with pursuing my dream.
When you come face to face with a problem:
72. I am safe and sound. 73. Everything is going to work out for my highest good. 74. There is a great reason that this is unfolding before me now. 75. I have the smarts and the ability to get through this. 76. Every problem has a solution, and I seek my solution with resolve.
When you want to do more with your life but feel stuck:
77. I attempt all – not some – possible ways to get unstuck. 78. I seek a new way of thinking about this situation. 79. I know the answer is right before me, even if I am not seeing it. 80. I believe in my ability to unlock the way and set myself free.
When you can’t stop comparing yourself to others:
81. I have no right to compare myself to anyone for I do not know their whole story. 82. I compare myself only to my highest self. 83. I choose to see the light that I am to this world. 84. I am happy in my own skin and in my own circumstances. 85. I see myself as the gift I am to my people and community and nation.
When you feel you are not good enough no matter how hard you try:
86. I am more than good enough and I get better every day. 87. I give up the right to criticize myself. 88. I adopt the mindset to praise myself. 89. I see the perfection in all my flaws and all my genius. 90. I fully approve of who I am, even as I get better. 91. I judge myself to be both good and great at all times of day and night.
When you want to give up:
92. I cannot give up until I have tried every conceivable way. 93. Giving up is easy and always an option so let us delay it for another day. 94. I give up the permission to give up for good. 95. It is always too early to give up, so let me give it some more. 96. I must know what awaits me at the end of this rope so I do not give up.
When you recognize how powerful, gifted, talented and brilliant you really are:
97. The past has no power and no hold over me anymore 98. I embrace the rhythm and the flowing of my own heart. 99. All that I need will come to me at the right time and place in this life. 100. I am deeply fulfilled with who I am.